The Anne Arundel Soil Conservation District's Agricultural Services Division provides information and guidance to agricultural landowners in order to protect soil and water resources.
Some of the services the agricultural services division provides include: creating a soil conservation and water quality plan, assisting with the guidance and design of agricultural best management practices (BMP), providing Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) and Maryland Department of Agriculture (MDA) cost-share assistance, and supplying landowners with technical information and resources.
Learn more about specific services:
Become a Cooperator
We are hard at work protecting natural resources and the quality of life in Anne Arundel County. But we can do an even better job with your help. If you are a farmer, become a cooperator with the Anne Arundel Soil Conservation District.
As a cooperator, we can help you secure financial assistance to install agricultural best management practices that control soil erosion, manage nutrients, and protect water quality.
Download our Cooperator’s Agreement and contact our office to get started
Soil Testing Information
AASCD has partnered with a soil testing laboratory to provide our Cooperator’s Soil Testing for their farms. The District will cover the cost of shipping plus Basic Test 2 and Organic Matter any additional tests will be covered at the Cooperator’s expense.
Soil Testing Procedure:
- Visit our office for Soil and Plant Information sheets, soil testing bags, and boxes. You can also download the Soil and Plant Information sheet here.
- Let us know if you need to borrow our soil probe or need assistance taking soil samples. Instructions can be found here from the University of Maryland Extension
- Once samples are collected, labeled and dried, place them in the box and deliver it to our office UNSEALED.
- Our staff can answer any questions and help you complete the form
- Samples are mailed out within 24 hours (unless received after 12:00pm on Friday and then they are mailed on the next business day).
- Shipping, Basic Test 2 and Organic % are paid for by AASCD. Additional tests are available at your own expense.
The County Forester and private Forestry Consultants are available to prepare Forestry Plans and develop management strategies for the wooded portion of your farm. The Maryland Department of Natural Resources (DNR) provides a list of private Forestry Consultants.
The Anne Arundel Economic Development Corporation (AAEDC) creates economic development strategies to support Anne Arundel County’s farm based businesses. We help market the county’s farm based businesses and engage the public to support locally grown and made food products.
Visit Arundel Ag for more information and resources: